Google Search

Friday 1 August 2008

What a busy week

Morning to you all, well I havent been able to post this week as I was away last weekend for my Brother in Laws birthday at Weston Super Mare and no I had nothing to do with the tragic events of the pier, really cant believe its gone as just on Sunday morning we had a lovely walk along the front right past the pier and when I got up on Monday morning it had all gone just unbelievable.

Anyway on my return I then received a call from a gentleman who was looking for a birthday cake for his Mothers 80th birthday for this Saturday there really is nothing like having some notice, oh well all hands to the deck I have spent all of this week making a very special birthday cake. The Roses were made with Flower Paste and I added a few jewels for quickness due the the short period of time available to me.

I now have loads to catch up on a couple of awards that i have received but had no time to add to my blog so thats next on the list, I hope you all have a good weekend.

9 comments:

Alison said...

Tragic about the pier. This cake is stunning. I know a lady who does this sort of thing so I know the work that goes into this. Stunning. It is a work of art in itself.

Wendy said...

Chrissy this is a beautiful cake, you are very talented
Wendy x

WeirdCat said...

Wow, I could spend all the time in the world and a cake would never look like that!

gailscraftyplace said...

Ooh Chrissy, this cake is absolutely gorgeous, how can you bear for someone to cut it up and eat it. You must have worked so hard. Gail xx

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful cake and at such short notice too. It looks too good to eat. :)

Kathryn Callaghan said...

Love the colours and design
Well done
xx

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful cake, wish I could do this

Nikki said...

Gorgeous cake...wow very talented!

Emma said...

Wow!!! what a stunning cake. Love it. x